Saturday, 28 April 2012

Rushing

So ... wasn't April a glorious month, weatherwise?? Up until about twelve hours ago, at least?? I gave Sweeney's winter coat from last year away, without having a replacement on hand. That's how glorious it was. Now I've cranked up the heater, pulled the curtains, and am contemplating how to wangle having the oven on all day tomorrow.
Sweeney and Harper headed to their Nana's for the school holidays. That made things verrrry quiet around my way for two weeks. I ran, I read, I ate carelessly. I did just about everything in a more leisurely manner than usual.
It sounds like all three of them had a ball down there. The boys took in a ballet, learnt to make pizza, wrote charming letters home, and came back knowing more about the solar system than I do. 



The big thing for me, since Sweeney got back, has been rugby. In an unusual move, we went to see the Crusaders trample the Hurricanes the night he got home. He greatly enjoyed waving his flag and drinking lemonade. I rather enjoyed the actual rugby.
He and Harper have joined an Under-6 team, and today was their first game. They're called the Wild Jaguars. Spectators fell about laughing as our children ran the wrong way, forgot to pass the ball, froze in the face of the opposing team bearing down upon them. Pure gold.
And my mum's been in town, staying at Kimberley's. It's been great to have her just a matter of minutes away. Plus she's doing an awesome job of doing a mountain of chores for their household while Joe's consumed with study and being on section.
In other news, I've finally made peace with the fact that Sweeney is not made for fishing. After several tries, including one where Grandad's glasses fell into Oriental Bay, and Sweeney guided him back to the car, I realise that the kid just isn't built for contemplative activities. If he's outside, he's likely to be moving at max speed. Hence, the rugby.
It's so nice to have him back around the house. Turns out I really rather like it a bit noisy and on-the-verge-of-frantic, even if I'm the one making the most noise sometimes ...

4 comments:

Catherine and clan (aka catnz) said...

Oooh, you've got one of those apple machines too. Mine seems to have been a one hit wonder and is now gathering dust in a cupboard graveyard! Lovely seeing photos of Sweeney and Harper playing rugby -is it for Wellington Club?

As I started to type this the autocorrect changed my ooh into pooh! Damn autocorrect!,

Syneloi said...

Jeśli braknie Ci sił to nalej sobie oleju do ciała.

Anonymous said...

Design of the blog is fantastic , color combination is also nice. I will review it again.
Thanks....

fostering allowances

ps3 jailbreak said...

Very nice post. I certainly love this website. Keep it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails