Sweeney and I cut school and work today - a mixture of horrendous cough-sounds, torrential rain, freaky coldness and the delightful prospect of a day spent just cruising at home all combined to make that decision this morning.
- We made biscuits. They were delicious;
- We discussed what each half of an oval is called when you cut an oval in half;
- Sweeney learnt a tough lesson about what happens when you play with the pliers, even after you've been told to leave them alone, and you trap a bit of your palm in them when you close them;
- I made some pita bread for our lunch, and Kitchen's pork noodle soup for our dinner;
- We watched G Force. I learnt a tough lesson about pre-judging films about guinea pigs saving the world;
- Sweeney played with his new favourite Hot Wheel for what seemed like hours. I bought it for him last night to celebrate his fabulous helpfulness and co-operativeness of the last few days;
- We discussed Batman's awesome powers vs Superman's awesome powers. It all leads me to think that Sweeney really doesn't know anything about Superman's awesome powers and I must remedy that immediately;
- I safety pinned a tea towel around his neck, and he ran the length of the house and back several times shouting "Batman!!";
- We read the next chapter of Winnie the Pooh - the one about the Woozle. We've been reading a chapter a night this week;
- We discussed how handy your fingers come in when you want to add four and five; and
- KimberleyJoeHarper came for dinner. We ate pork noodle soup. It was pretty tasty.
Best day off ever.