Yes, I've been off the air, but here's a quick catch-up on Things Sweeney from the last three weeks:
- Sweeney turned five;
- He had a Last Day party at EIK, and bid his preschool friends adieu. Don't get me wrong - he didn't actually say "adieu";
- He had a party at home, with some friends and family. The weather was not only fine and warm, it was finer and warmer than was forecasted;
- He and Blessing moved from his party to a sleepover at Blessing's, to celebrate Blessing's birthday. Quite the party boys;
- He started school. He started school the day after he was supposed to start school, but that's post-party / sleepover tummy bugs for you;
- He hung out with his Nana, who came up for the party and in fact made lots of party grub. We had a lovely day mooching about with her, then she saw Sweeney into his first day at school;
- went to Cars 2 with Harper;
- went to Kung Fu Panda 2 with his friend Reuben;
- He rode his birthday bike, made up his birthday lego, ran cars down his amazing birthday track, drew pictures, printed letters and words, read homework books, chose his own clothes, packed his own bag, unpacked his own bag, demolished his room, tidied his room ...
I know it isn't really how it happens, but things feel like they've been turned on their head in the last three weeks. Things have been bumpy for Sweeney, what with all the new people to know and new rules to get the hang of since he started school. Things have been bumpy for me, too, what with a little work-related weirdness, and I had a stupid accident which left me with time to do nothing but think about how I'd like for Sweeney's dad to see how he's turning out. But he's not, and all the anniversaries around that absence have been packed into the last few weeks, too. And do you know what?? He would've loved how Sweeney's turning out.
So, here's a song that he really liked a long time ago. It's been on my mind the past few weeks, and it's really rather lovely ...