Thursday, 3 December 2009

The Heat

What's Hot:
  • We had spaghetti bolognese-type dinner tonight, quick to whip up, easy to insert veges into, and Sweeney actually ate all of his. It took him a while to get going, but once he was into it ...;
  • It's going to be sunny on Saturday;
  • The two P5 parking spaces the council has finally installed outside Sweeney's preschool;
  • Sweeney's current fave book is Dr Seuss' I Wish That I Had Duck Feet. Lovely;
  • My Jodhpur boots from Minnie Cooper were a bit worn down on the sole, and Sandy not only resoled them, but added on an extra layer of something that makes them tougher and, I think, more comfy. Thanks, Sandy!!;
  • I have just another hoop or two to jump through, then I really will have a Proper Job lined up and ready to go. Oooh-err.
What's Not:
  • It's really rather chilly here tonight;
  • I've been knackered all week and have hardly read anything or done any chores beyond the bare minimum to keep us dressed, fed and kind of clean;
  • the Chorus/Telecom vans that take up the P5 parking spaces outside Sweeney's preschool every morning;
  • my Capos from Minnie Cooper may have to be retired after nine years of faithful service. Resoled and reheeled multiple times, but now the actual leather has sprung a teensy split and may not be salvageable;
  • I'm so anxious about getting confirmation of the Proper Job, I can hardly stand it. Blerg.
More hotness and notness is available from Loobyloo. Always a splendid read.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Good luck on the job! It seems one is always nervous whether it's promised or even during the first few months before everything settles into a rhythm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails