Yes, it's been a little while. Sorry about that. I've had a viral respiratory infection, followed by a bacterial chest infection, and frankly, it's knocked me right off my perch. Off my perch.
But now I'm nearly back to normal, apart from three or four tubercular-sounding coughing fits a day.
In no order of importance, here are a few snippets from the last two weeks:
- Sweeney fell over and banged his cheek on the step one night. It swelled up and looked nasty, but after half an hour with a cold cloth and a cuddle, it all came right. In the morning I asked him how his face felt, and he said "dirty";
- I haven't been to yoga for two weeks. Every time I do a downward dog, I nearly pass out with oxygen deprivation;
- we moved offices. Now I work in the swankiest, most expensive office space in Wellington. We have all brand new cups and glasses and cutlery. The lights dim when the natural light increases, and vice versa. The lift has no buttons. Yes, really;
- I have an exam on Tuesday. I really don't feel like studying, and being sick took two weeks off my schedule;
- tickets are booked for me, Sweeney and Harper to head to Christchurch and beyond in November; and
- Dad made macaroni cheese last night for dinner. Awesome;
- the first blooms have come out on the Dublin Bay at the front of the house. Just beautiful;
- Mum continues to live through ongoing aftershocks in Christchurch;
- Sweeney, Harper and I went to Bela's fifth - FIFTH - birthday party, just as The Illness was coming on. I was a sub-optimal guest - no wrapping on the present, no revving the kids up, no glugging back litres of fizzy wine - but the boys had a really good time. Harper was excited the night before about cake, and Sweeney just loves Bela's dolls' house.
Writing that was exhausting. Zzzzzzzz.