Saturday, 16 April 2011

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Have you seen this my-own-child-fest going on over at Kimberley's?? Makes my heart swell, I can tell you.
In other news, a woman I know had her twins last week, and one of them didn't make it. They knew he wouldn't make it, from pre-natal scans and all, but ...
She sent through photos of him, and the birth in general, yesterday. Of course he was beautiful, just like his sister, and he lived for the tiniest while.
When I got home last night, I looked up the pictures from just after Sweeney's entry into the world. I was knackered, mostly, Martin was nearly hysterical with besottedness, and Sweeney was just taking in all the lights and noise.
The pictures of Nikau and his dad - well, the poor man just looks stricken.
On the plus side, his sister is going great guns. Little, and still in hospital, but progressing rather well.
Straight after I'd looked at the photos and had a bit of time to let them sink in, I had a meeting to get to. What usually drags on for an hour was taken care of in a pithy twenty minutes, and I pretty much got things sorted the way that we need them to be sorted. Love it when you can channel the devastation into something meaningful ...
In the meantime, keep growing, Grace ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those poor parents. Part of me thinks how luckly the are to still have one but it's poor consolation. Nikau is a beautiful name.
Topless hammering? Too cute!

oneandonly said...

www.facebook.com/timadamfoods

http://www.ti-madam.com/think-green

Related Posts with Thumbnails