Well, blow me down with a feather. I watched Bunnytown with Sweeney tonight, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a fan.
A fan. There, I said it. Dead keen.
It's like the Muppets, but with even more mental, Goodies-type humour. One of the rabbits was a one-man-band with his ears playing the cymbals!! His ears!! Genius.
In tonight's episode, there was:
- a Laurel and Hardy-type skit with a waterhose. Sweeney just laughed and laughed and laughed;
- some sort of clown Olympics involving lots of big feet, red noses and pies in faces;
- a medley of Dinah Won't You Blow Your Horn-era songs, sung by four rabbits in a whack-a-mole game, each taking one word at a time;
- a hip hop song called "Healthy Food", with a swag of rabbits dressed in vegetable and fruit costumes; and
- a running gag about a birthday party, where the cake was unco-operative about being eaten.
and all delivered in Yorkshire accents. Irresistible.